Sunday, August 31, 2014

Precious memories...20 years ago.

I find it hard to believe that it was 20 years ago this September that Matthew, our one and only, started school! And now here in BC, the teachers are on strike and so many little ones will miss their first day of school. I'm glad we had the finances to send Matthew to a private Christian school. He enjoyed his elementary school days there, and did very well. 
Here he is with flowers for his new teacher.
He was so little and so cute!


Miss Tiu; she and Matthew hit it off from day one!
He loved her and he loved Kindergarten. His classroom had a neat loft with a fire pole.
He had a schedule of attending full days on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays for one week, then alternating the next week. At least that's what I remember vaguely. It seems like such a very long time ago. Robert would drive him to school, and pick him up afterwards. In those days he had a flexible job! Then when Robert began to go on a lot of business trips, I would sometimes get Matthew by bus, or more often my parents would pick him up. Matthew always had a nap when he got home.
He just loved school and learning new things.
By Loretta Houben

1 comment:

Betty said...

Memories.

I took pictures of my kids every year on the first day of school. Of course, some are slides and some are photos and I don't think any have ever been scanned. I really need to work on old photos someday.