Wednesday, October 8, 2014

George Palmer; my great great grandfather and his wife, Emma (Cork)

On Monday, October 6, 2014 I was racking my brains for a subject for an article I need to write for the RRC newspaper, which is due by the 10th of each month. For fun I decided to type "George Palmer, 1842" into the Google search engine. Every once in a while, I re-do these things.
Amazingly, new information came up on my screen!
I snipped the above information and the items below, because although I knew George's parents names, I didn't know his wife's parents names. 
I found the information on this site.
This is the PAGE which popped up.
Catherine Day has put together over 22,000 names in her database!
She did this for her thesis, and this has led to her writing a book:
Wiltshire Marriage Patterns 1754-1914

The above shows the names of Emma's parents: Thomas and Ann Cork.
This is thrilling!
George Palmer is my great great grandfather on my Dad's side of the family.

Ann's information above.


Emma's brother's information above.

And this is a photo of Emma (Cork) Palmer, my great great grandmother.
On the left is her daughter, Alma. 
I find it fascinating to find clues on the internet, just by being persistent and methodical.
The moral of the story is, never give up!
By Loretta Houben