Tuesday, January 13, 2015

One lovely thing...

(all photos are from Pinterest)
My goal for 2015 is to do or enjoy one lovely thing each day.
I'm marking them down in a special book a friend gave me for Christmas.
This is to capture the moment and not live in such a hurry.
Do you know the feeling?

January 1st: Went downtown to American Girl store and got a free "Grace Thomas" apron.
January 2nd: Matthew came over for supper (East Indian take out) and he opened his Christmas gifts.
January 3rd: Browsed in Metrotown Mall with Leona for an hour.
January 4th: Had communion in our church.
January 5th: Took a half hour walk in the pouring cold rain and talked with my Mom on phone.
January 6th: Matthew came over for roast beef dinner. 

January 7th: Did some sewing and organizing.
January 8th: Bought "Grace Thomas" using my husband's Christmas gift card. My piano was picked up for free.
January 9th: Did a deep clean of the living room. 
January 10th: Went to Granville Island Market and shopped. Our loveseat was picked up for free.
January 11th: We were taken out for Vietnamese lunch by kind church friends.
January 12th: I had a cup of free coffee at McDonald's.

That's how the first 12 days of 2015 have passed.
It helps me to seize the day, and reflect on my blessings, large or small.
I hope your year is going well, too!
I am linking up with Stephanie at her lovely blog, The Enchanting Rose, for her "Roses of Inspiration" Tuesday feature. It's wonderful to see all the beautiful blogs which link up, although I must confess I didn't get around to visiting all 117 of them last week!
I will be trying to link up each Tuesday with something inspirational to read, and I do appreciate all of you who come by to visit.
Loretta Houben

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

"Seize the day!" I like that and will have to put those three words on my refrigerator to remember.

Thank you, my dear, for linking up at Roses of Inspiration. Enjoy your week! Hugs

Debbie Harris said...

What a beautiful idea! I am going to add that to my daily journal.
Those photos you used are gorgeous!
I would say they are"one lovely thing"
Have a beautiful day.
Debbie

Scrappy quilter said...

Lovely to see how you've spent the first days of Jan.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Hi Loretta. Your floral pictures are gorgeous and give me hope for spring! Thank you!

Roses, Lace and Brocante said...

The shy snowdrop hangs her head looking down, her simple beauty always makes me marvel at God's incredible creativity.
Lovely to meet you too Loretta and thank you for following my blog. I'm now doing the same!
Enjoy your week.
Blessings
Shane

Sara - Villa Emilia said...

What beautiful blogs you have, Loretta!
This post is especially inspiring. Thank you for sharing! Blessings!