Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Today is my Mom's 82nd birthday!


Today is my Mom's 82nd birthday.
I created this card for her last week. She loves to receive real cards in the mail.
It's wonderful that Canada Post still delivers to home residences. Soon it will be fazed out.
I used a card stock base from Michael's. I buy the large packages of their cards/envelopes on sale.
I glued a pink polka dot paper to the front, and layered lace, ribbon trim, embellishments, and a printed copy of a design I created using Picmonkey photo program.
The original photo is below, showing my Mom in the corn field with her first birthday cake in 1934.


I think little Susie is so cute. 


Today I created this photo collage using a lovely free image from Wings of Whimsey, a lovely blog I subscribe to. Gunnvor Karita from Norway designs some lovely things.
This is one of my favourite hobbies!
This shows my mom as a young girl in the 1940's picking hops.
It definitely wasn't one of her favourite jobs!

Happy birthday, dearest Mom!
May you have a blessed day and year filled with God's richest blessings.
By Loretta Houben

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your mom in the frame :-) So fitting with the vegetables...lol And I think the frame makes it seem like she enjoyed it at least a little bit :-D Thanks for using my frame, and linking back to me, and thank you so much for notifying me too, I love to see that my little musings are enjoyed by others, and not just thrown into the endless internet in vain...lol

Love&Light
Gunnvor Karita

Simply Shelley said...

Such a lovely card you created for your sweet mom. My mom will be turning 83 on the 27th. Blessings friend