Saturday, January 23, 2016

My latest crafting project


Ah...now don't you wish you were here, in a jungle hut?
I had such fun creating this today!
I woke with a migraine at 4 am so I had to take it easy today.
Yes, crafting is taking it easy! It's such fun and so relaxing.
I got this idea from Doll Diaries online. Karen Owen came up with the idea of using a Dollarama store basket.


I found the same basket and so I started with the same idea, but added different things.
I made the loft using bamboo skewers, and added a felt layer and made felt pillows sewed together and stuffed with cotton puffs. I cut out felt flowers without using a pattern and used quick drying glue to attach them.


The hammock was made with a piece of burlap tied with string to two posts which I wedged underneath the skewers. I think it turned out really cute.
The rug is also felt.


The table and stool are simply a paper towel roll covered in felt. I added the tops using a piece of cut out cardboard.


Lea fits nicely in the loft or the hammock. With frogs and fresh fruit at hand, she will have lots of fun in the jungle. She just has to watch out for snakes!
By Loretta Houben

No comments: